Before you can have your jewelry insured, you first must have it appraised. Here are reasons why you must appraise your jewelries.
- When you appraise jewelry, you will know its true value, meaning its worth in monetary equivalent. If you own a vintage or antique piece of jewelry that has been passed from generation to generation and you have no idea how valuable it is, have it appraised.
- Getting an appraisal is a necessary step if you want jewelry to be covered by insurance.
- In situations where the police recover a piece of jewelry, its appraisal is the best way to trace back the owner of the jewelry.
- If you are traveling to another country, you must provide appraisal papers so that your jewelry will pass through customs.
- For those who are planning their jewelry in the future, an appraisal is a great help in setting a price for potential buyers.