WHAT IS AN APPRAISAL?
If you own several pieces of jewelry, you probably dread the idea of losing one or having it stolen from you. When you apply for Jewelers Mutual Insurance Boca Raton, you can avail of their replacement and repair services. But first, you need to have your valuables appraised. Here are reasons why you must appraise your jewelries.
- When you appraise jewelry, you will know its true value, meaning its worth in monetary equivalent. If you own a vintage or antique piece of jewelry that has been passed from generation to generation and you have no idea how valuable it is, have it appraised.
- Getting an appraisal is a necessary step if you want jewelry to be covered by insurance.
- In situations where the police recover a piece of jewelry, its appraisal is the best way to trace back the owner of the jewelry.
- If you are traveling to another country, you must provide appraisal papers so that your jewelry will pass through customs.
- For those who are planning their jewelry in the future, an appraisal is a great help in setting a price for potential buyers.